Thursday 31 March 2011

Artist - Carl Conway

Art school trained in graphic design 'Epsom School of Art 1980-82 (OND Graphic communication), Cornwall College 1982-84 (HND Graphic Design).


My main interest lies in capturing landscapes and light in watercolour, acrylics and pastel. Recently my work is taking on more of an impressionist leaning in the form of large acrylics rather than my usual smaller scale watercolour painting.  I have had private commissions which now live in Canada, Wales and Scotland.

I worked for 21 years as a freelance graphic designer/art director, and have been in full-time employment for the last 6 years. I have incorporated my drawing/ painting skills within my job when it has been called for and has been a great asset to my skill set.
Watercolour & Ink Study
My passion and inspiration for painting is derived from places I visit regularly; landscapes of Southern England, South West England;  coastal scenery and dramatic skies, capturing landscapes and light in watercolour, acrylics and pastel.   

I try to capture the essence of a scene in an impressionist and personal way, working from sketches and photographs to create a finished painting. I am constantly striving to extend my skills in water-based mediums, sometimes combining watercolour  with pastels.

To purchase this artwork or see other pieces as they become available, please visit our website and support Carl at Exhibiting-Artists.com

No comments:

Post a Comment