Thursday 31 March 2011

Artist - David Fright

I was trained in graphic design and illustration at a studio in London's Fleet Street, qualifying for membership of the Chartered Society of Designers in 1974.  My long and successful career took me around Europe and to America designing for many high street names and other prestigious companies, picking up many design awards along the way.
"Time Flies" Original Oil on Canvas
Now retired I continue to satisfy my creative need by painting and drawing from life. I have used just about every medium there is over the years, but now have settled into the magic of oils. 
Painting in multiple layers of fine oil gives depth and realism to a painting and I find this very old method a delight to use.  It also draws on my many years experience in using watercolours by airbrush to give similar results; useful when painting for reproduction, but lacking the permanence of oil.
I exhibit with local art societies as well as on line. My paintings are now in private collections around the world.
"Relax" an original oil on box canvas
To see more of David's work, please visit our website exhibiting-artists.com

No comments:

Post a Comment